Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Senior Case Manager, OMH Licensed Housing
Program: Leona Blanche Residence CR-SRO
Leona Blanche Residence is a service enriched, singel room occupancy residence, providing housing for 53 formerly homelss, single adults with chronic mental illness, some of whom are dually diagnosed with substance abuse disorders.
Under the direction of the Team Leader, the Senior Case Manager is responsible for providing guidance to case management staff as they perform day to day activities. The Senior Case Manager assists the Assistant Program Director with monitoring the timely submission of chart documentation, and ensures chart compliance as well as, assists in planning and implementation of on and off-site socialization/recreational activities. Maintain a caseload.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Senior Case Manager include, but are not limited to the following activities:
- Maintains a case load and coordinates concrete services based on individualized Service Plan goals and objectives.
- Assists with the monitoring the quality of service plans/reviews.
- Assist the Assistant Program Director with chart reviews to ensure compliance with agency and NYSOMH documentation requirements and report deficiencies to Team Leader.
- Serve as a resource to program staff regarding substance abuse treatment options, relapse prevention strategies, and the recovery process.
- Serve as a resource to staff in the integration of on and off site vocational readiness and job development services.
- Ensures delivery of program services according to agency policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with applicable NYS OMH regulations.
- Serves as “Qualified Mental Health Specialist.”
- Provides supervisory coverage as needed.
Education and Skills
· Master’s Degree in a human services related field preferred or
· B.A. in psychology or a human services related field and experience working in a residential program serving individuals with mental illness and chemical addictions.
· Excellent oral, written, and listening skills.
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org