Project Renewal is a non-profit organization with the mission of ending homelessness by empowering men and women struggling with addiction and/or mental illness to rebuild their lives with renewed health, homes and jobs.
Title: Case Manager
Program: St. Nicholas House
St. Nicholas House is a supportive SRO which provides permanent housing to 94 single adults, including 40 men and women eligible for housing under the terms of the NY/NY II Agreement and 16 men and women recovering from substance abuse referred directly from the NYC Department of Homeless Services shelter system. In addition the building offers affordable studio units to 38 low-income community members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Case Manger include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Conducts pre-intake interviews to screen for appropriateness for housing at St. Nicholas House.
· Conducts intakes, assessments and psychosocial evaluations as per agency standards for assigned caseload.
· Efficiently utilizes digital case management database, AWARDS, to input and update all client information.
· Provides case management services to assist in the creation of and adherence to individual Service Plans, identifying short term and long term goals and objectives to be achieved.
· Participate in clinical team meetings.
· Provide short term supportive counseling and advocacy on tenant behalf.
· Organizes, facilitates and educates through support groups, activities and events, on and off site.
· Maintains contact with internal and external service providers on behalf of the client.
· Identifies service needs and makes referrals, as needed, for medical, mental health, psychiatric, substance abuse and other services as needed.
· Provide escort to clients to ensure attendance at critical meetings and appointments, as needed.
· All candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology or other human services field from an accredited college or university
· A Master’s is degree preferred
· A minimum of three (3) years of experience working with homeless individuals with either a mental illness or substance addiction or MICA diagnosis
· Knowledge of case management software as well as Microsoft Office Suite
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.