Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Addictions Psychiatrist
Program: Kenton Hall
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Addictions Psychiatrist include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Provides direct care to men at Kenton Hall and clients of the OPD including assessments and ongoing psychiatric care as indicated, including psychopharmacology including buprenorphine induction and maintenance, monitoring of side effects and laboratory testing, psychotherapy as appropriate.
- Reviews and signs treatment plans and discharge summaries for OPD.
- Provides consultation at MSOWS and CDCS including regular participation in program clinical meetings, and individual client consultation when needed.
- Ensures that all clients are seen on a timely basis. Provides consultation, crisis assessment and intervention for any resident when necessary.
- Collaborates with on-site primary care providers, nursing staff, and shelter staff.
- Provides liaison to outside psychiatric or medical providers when appropriate.
- Supervises all on-site psychiatric staff including psychiatrists/psychiatric nurse practitioners, and day/evening licensed practical nurses.
· Provides collaborative practice agreement for nurse practitioners working in addiction programs.
- Provides clinical consultation and training on mental health and addiction topics to multidisciplinary team.
· New York State medical license and registration
· Board Certified psychiatrist
· Addiction Certification (ABPN or ASAM)
· Buprenorphine waiver
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
· Experience working with homeless adults preferred.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.