Project Renewal is a non-profit organization with the mission of ending homelessness by empowering men and women struggling with addiction and/or mental illness to rebuild their lives with renewed health, homes, and jobs.
Title: Building Manager
Program: St. Nicholas House
St. Nicholas House is a 94 unit Single Room Occupancy (SRO) building providing permanent housing and supportive services to formerly homeless men and women and very-low income individuals. A comprehensive array of support services is offered to the tenants including; medical, employment and recreational services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the Building Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Supervises and directs custodial staff to perform daily tasks in response to work requests from tenants and staff.
· Provides on-site training to custodial staff to enable them to properly perform a variety of tasks including work orders request.
· Supervises custodial staff during work to the exterior of the building, sweeping and cleaning the sidewalks, and performing snow removal, de-icing and salting functions when necessary.
· Conducts monthly inventory of all janitorial and building supplies and prepare supply and equipment requisitions for submission to Program Director to ensure adequate supplies on hand.
· Ensures the timely completion of all Work Orders while providing the Program Director with detailed information regarding the tasks performed and supplies and/or parts needed, if applicable.
· Supervises and assists custodial staff in preparing apartments for new residents and with the moving in/out processes.
· Replaces furniture provided by the building such as refrigerators, bedframes, air conditioners, mattresses, tables, chairs, bureaus and televisions as needed and upon new tenant move in.
· Assists in checking and, as needed, replacing the batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide devices to ensure that all are functioning properly.
· Accepts and moves deliveries into storage areas.
*Available to provide 24/7 emergency coverage and respond to building emergencies, as needed.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· A minimum of six months of experience doing repair, painting and maintenance work.
· An ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Must possess a Boiler License or have completed the required preparatory course of study and must obtain Fire Guard (F-02) certification.
To apply: Submit resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.