Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Case Aide
Program: Clinton Residence
Clinton Residence is a transitional treatment facility licensed and regulated by the NYS Office of Mental Health. The facility provides transitional housing for 57 formerly homeless, single adults with chronic mental illness, some of whom are dually diagnosed with a substance abuse disorder.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Case Aide include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Participates in socialization and recreational activities with the residents
· Conducts regular room inspections/provides ongoing assessment and feedback to and about resident’s ADL skills
· Participates in weekly clinical team meetings; works with case managers to support individual resident goals
· Responsible for front desk support including answering phones, monitoring and securing entrance to the building.
· Provides escorts for clients, as needed, to medical, psychiatric and other appointments.
· Responsible for orienting and assisting new residents including escorting to room and providing linens, toiletries, etc.
· Conduct fire and safety preservation tests during admission process, and as needed.
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Experience working with mentally ill adults preferred
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.