Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Program: In Homes Now
Title: Peer Counselor
In Homes Now provides more than 225 formerly homeless men and women and families with permanent housing. All clients have substance use histories as well as being formerly homeless. The multi-disciplinary team works together to ensure that all clients remain successfully housed. Housing is provided through independent apartments rented by Project Renewal throughout the five Boroughs of New York. The case management program provides assessment, treatment planning, advocacy and referral services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Peer Counselor include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Escort clients to medical appointments, benefits appointments, and other appointments as needed
- Conduct home visits with clients
- Assist clients with everyday activities such as grocery shopping and money management
- Facilitate groups for clients at the office
- Conduct bi-annual housing inspections and view potential new housing units
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date clinical documentation and complete case notes in a timely manner
· Attend and participate in all staff and team meetings, and in-service training; case consultation with interdisciplinary staff
- High School Diploma or equivalent and experience with homeless population required;
- Strong time management and writing skills;
- Spanish Fluency preferred
- Valid Driver’s License is a Plus
- Commensurate with experience; excellent benefits
To apply: Submit resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.