Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Registered Nurse (RN)
Program: Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Services (MSOWS)
The Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Services (MSOWS) of Project Renewal is an OASAS Part 816-licensed 30-bed medically supervised detoxification facility. Clients spend between 7-21 days in the program where they receive medical supervision from an RN an LPN and a MD, a dedicated bed, as well as ongoing counseling and referral services.
*This is a Full Time position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the RN include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Monitoring of proper medication procedures
· Delivering patient care during admission, physical examination, TB testing, treatment and follow up
· Responsible for ongoing assessment of patients while on unit
· Observing for signs and symptoms of withdrawal and monitoring vital signs
· Maintaining proper medical/billing/patient-interaction documentation
· Conducting weekly health group
· Participating in case conferences, in-services, and consulting with non-medical clinical staff about referrals to follow-up care
· Providing patient and community education
· License to practice in New York State as a Registered Nurse;
· Knowledge of services for an OASAS medically supervised outpatient setting;
· Phlebotomist Certificate preferred.
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: Careers@projectrenewal.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.