Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Intake Coordinator
Program: Outpatient Department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Intake Coordinator include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Completion of Intake documentation for all clients referred to clinic for treatment
- Appropriate Referrals based on assessment (Detoxification, Rehab, Psychiatric services etc.)Referrals to Medical clinic for physical examinations/medical clearances;
- Recommendations and Disposition to the Outpatient Department
- Documentation of all client assessments in compliance with OASAS requirements and standards.
- Provide individual counseling 15-20 clients per week; case management as needed.
- Facilitation of treatment groups (e.g. substance abuse education groups, relapse prevention groups, anger management groups, and/or life skills groups).
- Completion of caseload reports to NYC HRA STARS system and NYS OASAS Vocational Rehabilitation, and NYS Department of Probation programs; completion of OASAS PAS Admission and Discharge forms.
- High School Degree or GED.
- Three (3) years uninterrupted sobriety is required for candidates who are themselves in recovery
- New York State Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse certificate (CASAC) preferred
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience providing direct care to individuals with alcohol and substance dependence; experience with homeless and forensic adults a plus
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency
- Familiarity with OASAS documentation requirements
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.