Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Position: Case Manager
Fletcher Residence is an extended stay, service-enriched single-room occupancy residence providing housing for 55 formerly homeless single adults with chronic mental illness, some of whom are dually-diagnosed with a substance abuse disorder.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Case Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Provide direct client service including assessment, service planning, groups, and counseling
· Complete psychosocial assessments and detailed, accurate progress notes within required timeframes
· Work collaboratively with the on-site Nurse, Psychiatrist, and Case Aides to assess and provide support for residents with regards to medication management, activities of daily living, and money management
· Develop individualized service plans in collaboration with residents
· Maintain regular and ongoing collateral contact with mental health treatment providers, and other community-based providers of service.
· Advocate on behalf of residents, and accompany to appointments where necessary
· Participate in weekly clinical team meetings and monthly community meetings
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or other Human Services related field required
· Master’s Degree in Social Work is strongly preferred
· 1 – 2 years’ experience working with the mentally ill and or dually-diagnosed, homeless population
*This position is ideal for the newly or recently graduated Master’s level professional who is seeking to develop their clinical and case management skills.
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.