Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Case Manager Jr.
Program: Kenton Hall Men’s Shelter
Kenton Hall is an emergency men’s shelter which helps 108 individuals with substance abuse histories work towards health, sobriety, and ultimately, permanent housing and employment. In addition to lodging and three meals a day, clients receive comprehensive case management services, plus an array of on- site substance abuse related and health care services provided by different programs; such as Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Services, (MSOWS), Chemical Dependency Crisis Service (CDCS), and Outpatient Recovery Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Case Manager Jr. include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Conducts intake and assessments, including psycho-social evaluations for caseload of up to 20 clients.
- Provides case management services and assists in the creation of and adherence to their Individual Living Plans, identifying short and long term objective to be achieved.
- Counsels clients through individualized and group sessions on issues such as achieving personal goals, finding permanent or alternative housing, maintaining sobriety, complying with medication protocols and pursuing employment opportunities.
- Maintains liaison with representative from community organizations and service and housing providers.
- Organizes and educates clients through group activities and other events.
- Maintains accurate and up to date written client documentation as required by and in accordance with city and state oversight agency guidelines.
- Provides escort to drive clients to meetings and appointments
- High School/GED Diploma and experience as described in item 1 below.
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- Two (2) years of experience working with homeless adults and/or substance abuse population.
- Knowledge of case management software as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingual or multilingual a plus
To apply: email resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.