Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Program: Clinton Residence, Transitional Supportive Housing Residence
Clinton Residence is a transitional treatment facility licensed and regulated by the NYS Office of Mental Health. The facility provides transitional housing for 57 formerly homeless, single adults with chronic mental illness, some of whom are dually diagnosed with a substance abuse disorder.
Under the direction of the Building Superintendent, the Custodian is responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the residential building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Custodian include, but are not limited to the following activities:
· Responsible for cleaning and disinfecting all commons areas and offices, including bathrooms, stairwells and hallways, to ensure that the building is kept clean
· Assist in preparing apartments for new residents and with move in/ out process
· Assist Building Super as directed in minor repairs and correcting potential safety hazards as needed
· Empty trash and garbage containers and prepare refuse for pick-up
· Keep building exterior in safe and presentable condition, including ice/ snow removal; sidewalk maintenance and central garden/ courtyard area
· Under supervision of Building Super, develop building-wide knowledge of all mechanical system operation and maintenance
· Assist in documentation of fire drills smoke detector/ CO2 detector maintenance
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Director or Clinical Director
· A High School diploma or GED is required.
· One year of experience working in a residential program serving individuals with mental illness and chemical addictions preferred.
Schedule: Variable, but will likely include weekends (No overnight).
To apply, submit your resume with a cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.