Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Residential Aide Supervisor
Program: Kenton Hall
Kenton Hall is a 108 bed 24/7 emergency shelter operated through funding from the Department of Homeless Services (DHS). The program focuses on assisting men to achieve independence from the shelter system, to maintain or obtain sobriety from alcohol and illicit drugs, and to identify and pursue goals in multiple areas such as health, education, employment and housing. Our comprehensive services include case management, individual and group counseling, recreational activities and housing placement assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Residential Aide Supervisor include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Perform all Residential Aide Duties
- Oversee operations of facility, including emergencies
- Supervise and train Residential Aides
- Coordinate schedule floor post as well as lunch/breaks
- Facilitate team meetings and one-on-one supervision
- Serve liaison between all departments
- Ensure compliance with all DHS requirements and procedures
- Conduct random locker searches
- Document and review all incident reports
- Provides crisis intervention and shares accurate pertinent information with appropriate Case Manager and Senior staff.
- Review logbook and shift summary prior to shift concluding
- Review all appointment slips, mail, ILPs, intake packets, etc. for accuracy
- Ensure pack-ups are completed correctly and in a timely fashion
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certification First Aid/CPR, Fire Safety/Fire Guard, NARCAN
- Experience working with chemical dependence or mental illness is a plus
- Spanish fluency and a valid NYS Driver’s License is a plus
To apply: Submit a resume and a cover letter indicating salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.