Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Program Manager/Team Leader
Program: Bronx CTI and Bridge Home
An innovative mental health care management program that provides short term critical time interventions (6 month) and triage to individuals as they transition from a hospital/institutional settings to the community. This multidisciplinary team will provide targeted, short-term interventions to assist individuals with connecting to community services in the Bronx.
An innovative care management program that will provide short-term support for individuals after a behavioral health hospital stay. The multidisciplinary team will provide targeted, short-term interventions to assist individuals with connecting to community services within 7 to 30 days after an inpatient hospitalization in the Bronx.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Program Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Review referral packages and conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments to determine the consumer’s medical, psychiatric, housing and other social needs in the community.
· Direct supervision and clinical overnight for a small team of case managers and engagement specialists.
· Develop or assist with developing short-term person centered treatment plans to assist clients with achieving their goals.
· Monitor, evaluate and record client progress with respect to treatment goals.
· Establish collaborative working relationships with inpatient treatment teams and plan with them appropriate discharges for clients.
· Foster relationship with community providers to ensure that clients are connected with appropriate services as they transition back into the community.
· Work with clients and their housing providers to resolve clinical issues that are impacting on the client’s ability to manage and retain supportive housing.
· Escort consumers, when indicated, on appointments with community based treatment providers.
· New York State Licensed Social Worker or Mental Health Counselor
· A minimum of 2 years post-masters work experience in the mental health field, preferably with target population
· Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
· This position will be based mostly in the Bronx and Manhattan, but may require some travel throughout the other boroughs of New York City
· Bilingual or multilingual a plus
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.