Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Case Manager
Program: Parole Support & Treatment Program; Permanent Housing Program
Project Renewal’s Re-Entry Permanent Housing provides supported housing to 45 men/women with serious and persistent mental illness/dual diagnoses – who also have a history of significant criminal justice involvement/may be under parole supervision. The program directly delivers and/or facilitates access to a broad range of services geared towards clients’ stabilization and community integration.
Under the general direction of the Program Coordinator, the Case Manager is responsible for assessing clients to determine what is needed to stabilize them, and working with them to create individual plans to address these needs so they can achieve successful community re-entry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Case Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Conducts assessments of clients entering the program and assists them in developing individualized Housing Support/Service Plans.
· Reviews the Housing Support/Service Plan every 6 months- or as needed.
· Makes face to face contact with each client at a minimum 2 times each month.
· Facilitates clients’ access to community based treatment and support services – which may include escort and direct linkage.
· Maintains up to date documentation of all contacts in CAIRS and AWARDS.
· Participates in regular meetings with the permanent housing staff to discuss the status of each client in the program.
· Participates in on-call response system.
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisory staff.
· Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or other Human Services related field with significant experience working with the seriously mentally ill, dually diagnosed Re-Entry population.
· A Master’s Degree is strongly preferred.
· Proficiency in the Microsoft Office, especially Work and Excel and familiarity with case management software.
To apply, submit your resume with a cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.