Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Program Director
Program: PRI Transitions
Project Renewal Transitions provides permanent, scatter-site supportive housing to 26 chronically homeless men and women with serious and persistent mental illness/dual diagnoses. The program directly delivers and/or facilitates access to a broad range of services geared towards clients’ stabilization and community integration.
Under the supervision of the Director of Mental Health Housing, the Program Director will be responsible for the oversight of day-to-day operations including all aspects of service delivery and staff supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Program Director include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Provides guidance and direction to 2 Case Managers and 1 Independent Living Specialist in engaging and assessing clients and creating individual housing support plans.
· Provides individual supervision to Case Managers and Independent Living Specialist – and facilitates a weekly case conference.
· Identifies needs and coordinates ongoing training for staff.
· Builds and maintains strong connections with both local and state service providers.
· Ensures timely completion of statistical and reporting requirements.
· Collaborates with the Director of Mental Health Housing to implement and enforce policies/procedures that adhere to PRI internal standards and the monitoring agency’s requirements.
· Identifies and secures apartments within the community and maintains liaisons with building superintendents and property management to ensure that tenant health and safety requirements are upheld.
· 24-hour on call coverage for client related emergencies.
· Other tasks as assigned.
· Master’s degree in Social Work or other Human Services related field preferred with 1-2 years of experience working with the seriously mentally ill, dually diagnosed, homeless adults;
· Or a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or other Human Services related field with a minimum 5 years of experience working with the seriously mentally ill, dually diagnosed, homeless adults.
· Two years of experience in a supervisory role is required.
· An ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to listen constructively to staff and clients.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel and familiarity with case management software.
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.