Project Renewal (PRI) is a leading nonprofit organization with the mission to end the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives with health, homes and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
PRI is growing at a pace that requires we expand the Human Resources staff. We are seeking an experienced Recruiter, who will recruit for positions from entry level to mid-management. This position reports to the HR Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the Recruiter include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Manages a high volume of requisitions
· Assists in creating job descriptions – working with hiring manager to evaluate position criteria and candidate requirements
· Implements, utilizes and cultivates sourcing tools & techniques such as online advertising and social networking, traditional networking, Boolean searches, referrals, etc.
· Conducts pre-screening interview/assessment identifying the most qualified candidates to be forwarded to hiring manager.
· Provides guidance and training to hiring managers on recruiting process, best candidate selection,
· Supports the generation and extension of offers
· Contribute proactively to the development of talent pipelines
· Supports on-boarding activities including rotating responsibilities for orientation classes
· Recommends and assists with implementation of relevant HR systems to track candidate flows from application to hire
· Uses ADP system to generate reports and run queries
· Knowledge of federal, state and local labor and employment laws
· An active member of the HR team
· Other duties and tasks as assigned
· Education: BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business (or related fields), or equivalent work experience required. Master’s degree a plus
· Experience: 4 - 7 years Human Resources experience required with minimum of 3 years recruiting focused. Experience in nonprofit, human services a plus
· Knowledge of HRIS systems required - ADP Workforce Now preferred
· Proficient in all Microsoft office software
· Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
To apply: Submit a resume and cover letter, indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.