Project Renewal’s mission is to end the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives with health, homes and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Clerical Aide
Program: Fort Washington Men’s Shelter
Fort Washington Men’s Shelter is an emergency men's shelter which helps 200 individuals with Mental Health and Substance Abuse histories work towards health, sobriety, and, ultimately, permanent housing and employment. In addition to lodging and three meals a day, clients receive comprehensive case management with the assistance of an on-site rehabilitation team, Social Services Case Managers, primary health care and dentistry.
Under the general direction of the Administrative Assistant, with some latitude for independent action and decision making, the Clerical Aide is responsible for a myriad of administrative duties to assist the director in the achievement of the goals and objectives of the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Clerical Aide include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Provide clerical support to the expanded Social Services Department.
· Assist in collecting data for new DHS initiatives
· Act as Receptionist for the department
· Log and distribute incoming mail
· Maintain the filing systems
· Keep track of resident grievances from the new DHS Ombudsman’s Office
· Photocopying, scanning and faxing, sending emails
· Prepare and send outgoing mailings and packages
· Type documents and correspondence as directed
· High school diploma or GED.
· A minimum of one (1) year of experience working with homeless individuals who have been diagnosed with mental illness and or suffering from an addiction to alcohol or illicit drugs.
· Ability to set priorities with the daily assignments and to meet deadlines established by Director.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially email, Word, and Excel.
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.