Project Renewal’s mission is to end the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives with health, homes and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Operations Shift Supervisor
Program: Ana’s Place
Ana’s Place is a 108 bed 24/7 emergency shelter for homeless men diagnosed with mental illness and/or substance abuse. Our comprehensive services include case management, individual and group counseling, recreational activities and housing placement assistance. Additionally, an on-site psychiatric team provides services Monday through Friday, staffed by a psychiatrist, nurse practitioner, registered nurse, and a licensed practical nurse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Operations Shift Supervisor include but are not limited to the following activities depending on the on the particular tour of duty:
· Communicates with clinical staff regarding any shift issues affecting the clients, by conducting a comprehensive review of log book and staff observations, recording any changes in behavior of the clients that might be useful to the team.
· Participates in weekly social service meetings as Liaison to operations staff, debriefing any incidents which may need more information.
· Conducts supervisory meetings with all RA supervisors to review procedures and maintain that communication is being consistent across all shifts.
· Ensures that any and all incidents are recorded in the Log Book, but especially that priority incidents are recorded, and the appropriate management staff is notified.
· Reviews incidents with staff to ensure quality control, reporting any inconsistencies to Assistant Director.
· Ensures that electronic shift summaries are completed and all incident reports are inputted coherently.
· Oversees the client storage room and regularly reviews records to ensure accuracy/consistency in documentation
· Oversees the Callahan room to ensure all records are up-to-date and all supplies are accounted for.
· As needed, provides direct assistance to clients can which include helping clients adhere to their daily schedules, and ensuring they are participating in their scheduled activities.
· A High School Diploma or GED
· A minimum of two years of experience working with people diagnosed with mental illness or having a substance abuse addiction. One year of the required experience must have been in a supervisory capacity.
· Must have a CPR and Certificate of Fitness for a Fire Guard, F-80, or have it completed within 90 days of starting employment.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially e-mail, WORD, and EXCEL.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com EOE.
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.