Title: Physician – Primary Care Medicine/Internal Medicine/Family Practice
Program: Project Renewal Health Services
The Primary Care Physician is responsible for the examination, diagnosis and the treatment of patients within the scope of the Health Center.
- Provides medical diagnoses, treatment and advice to patients in accordance with New York State regulations and the scope of training of the clinician.
- Responsible for consulting with the appropriate medical specialists, when deemed necessary according to the Health Center protocol.
- Prescribes and/or dispenses required medication to patients.
- Provides medical supervision to the assigned clinical team leaders.
- Directs, organizes and participates in preventive health programs.
- Participates in the development and implementation of quality assurance management and utilization review.
- Participates in community outreach programs.
- Contributes to the overall functioning of the department.
- Maintains patient records in accordance with the policies of the department.
- Maintains all New York State and federal licensing requirements as current according with the department’s credentialing policy.
- Maintains current certification in Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- Performs related work as required.
- Completes 30 annual Continuing Medical Education credits.
- Participates in Departmental meetings and conferences.
· M.D or DO Board Eligible/Board Certified in internal medicine or family practice (Required)
· Licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York (Required)
· MAT Certification preferred – (Medication Assisted Therapy ) for drug dependency, prescribe Suboxone and willing to treat patients with Drug and Alcohol Dependency
· Related experience
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Computer literate
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com EOE
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.