Project Renewal’s mission is to end the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives with health, homes and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Food Services Program Assistant
Program: Culinary Arts Training Program, City Beet Kitchens, and Food Services
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Food Services. The program assistant supports the Director of Food Services in the daily operations of the Culinary Arts Training Program, City Beet Kitchens, and Project Renewal’s internal Food Services. The program assistant needs to be well organized, detail oriented, and able to quickly move from one task to another. This position is for someone eager to work in the nonprofit sector and will provide the opportunity to get firsthand experience in running a successful program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Program Assistant include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Culinary Arts Training Program
- Liaise between the New York State Office of ACCES (formerly VESID) and program participants.
- Ensure compliance with NYSED Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision. Including but not limited to updating all administrative documents, keeping track of personnel and school licensures, tracking and submitting all necessary payments.
- Data entry and maintenance of database
- City Beet Kitchens
- Prepare menus and arrange holiday events for contract catering customers
- Write contracts for new customers
- Provide Customer Service and monthly invoices for customers
- Food Services / Other
- Coordinate staff timesheet submission and monitor ADP time system
- Organize food vendor invoices for payment processing
- Order food and supplies for programs
- Renew kitchen health permits
- Organize and maintain all office systems
- Compile and organize program data for reports
- Other duties, as assigned by the Director of Food Services
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong computer skills with special knowledge of Word, Excel, and Quickbooks
- Solid communication and math skills
- Knowledge of food services a plus
- Knowledge of ADP Enterprise a plus
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.