Project Renewal’s mission is to end the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives with health, homes and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need.
Title: Residential Aide Supervisor
Program: East Williamsburg Men’s Shelter
East Williamsburg Men’s Shelter is an emergency men’s shelter which helps 98- 140 individuals ages 55 and up with substance abuse histories work towards health, sobriety, and, ultimately, permanent housing and employment. In addition to lodging and three meals a day, clients receive comprehensive case management services, plus an array of substance abuse related and health care services provided by different programs; such as Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Services (MSOWS); Chemical Dependency Crisis Service (CDCS), and Outpatient Recovery Center available to them throughout the agency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Depending upon the shift, the essential duties of the Residential Aide Supervisor include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Provides guidance and direction to the Resident Aides ensuring adequate coverage for each shift; monitoring their performance and initiating administrative action as warranted.
· Oversees the operation of the facility, including handling emergency and crisis situations during their tour of duty.
· Provides orientation for new arrivals, informing them of shelter rules and regulations, giving them a tour of the facility, assigning a locker and a bed, and giving them their basic supplies, including sheets, towels and toiletries.
· Oversees scheduled removal of linens by the Residential Aides, ensuring that proper protective protocols are followed and that the linens are properly bagged for pick up by the vendor contracted to launder them.
· Assist the weekend and evening clinical staff in getting clients access to their medications and responding to client issues.
· Ensures that any incident is recorded in the Log Book, but especially that priority incidents are called in to the Shelter Director and Assistant Shelter Director and that documentation is subsequently provided to supervisory staff in a timely manner.
· Performs escort duties or ensures escorts are provided to clients as requested by the Case Managers.
· Participates in some of the recreational activities offered to the clients, encouraging them to actively participate in order the gain the benefits of the activity.
· Distributes to clients any MetroCards received from the Social Services staff.
· Associate Degree plus experience as outlined in item 1 below, or
· High School Diploma or GED plus experience as outlined in item 2 below.
· Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with people diagnosed with mental illness or having addiction or substance abuse issues.
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with people diagnosed with mental illness or having addiction or substance abuse issues.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Bilingual or multilingual a plus.
· Fire Guard certification F-02 or Fire Safety Coordinator F-80
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.