Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Violations and Safety Compliance Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Violations and Safety Compliance Coordinator include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Coordinate responses to changing regulatory compliance and notices of violation from various agencies
· Review, track and document corrections of violations cited and confirm appropriate responses are filed with citing agencies
· Maintain up-to-date and accurate records of building violations, associated responses and corrections.
· Coordinate and/or conduct walkthroughs of facilities to prepare for site inspections, helping to prioritize site preparations and staffing assignments
· Attend Environmental Control Board (ECB) hearings.
· Manage work order system, tracking tasks performed, work orders completed and associated costs involved.
· Ensure that maintenance policies and procedures are communicated to all PRI facilities staff
· Support facilities department and building managers with training materials, documents and other communications.
· Communicate and support workplace safety, assist with identifying and acquiring necessary tools and equipment for employees based on project needs and safety issues.
· Travel to various PRI sites and locations
· Other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience and Skills:
· Minimum High School diploma or equivalent and 7 years work experience
· Bachelor’s degree a plus
· 3 years’ experience in areas of maintenance and/or construction, ideally in a residential or shelter setting.
· 10-hour OSHA certificate (must be obtained within six months of start date)
· Current, Valid Driver License which must be kept in good standing
· Proficient in Microsoft Suite
· Able to lift 25 pounds
Grade: Salaried Non-Exempt
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: Careers@projectrenewal.org
10/27/2017 rev 5/21/2018
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.