Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Clinical Director
Program: Fort Washington
The Fort Washington Men’s Shelter is a 200-bed temporary shelter which Project Renewal manages under a contract with the Department of Homeless Services and the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Comprehensive psychiatric, medical and case management services are provided to homeless men who have been diagnosed with mental illness and substance abuse.
Under the general direction of the Shelter Director, with some latitude for independent action and decision making, the Clinical Director is responsible for the overall coordination and delivery of services to clients of the Fort Washington Men’s Shelter. The Clinical Director works in close partnership with the Clinical Supervisor of the on-site DOHMH funded program to ensure that approximately 20-25 staff including Case Managers and Housing Specialists provide high quality case management and housing placement services to clients. The Clinical Director directly supervises 2 Masters’ level Team Leaders; coordinates service delivery with on-site medical, psychiatric, residential aide, and recreation departments; ensures staff adherence to DHS and Project Renewal policies and procedures; conducts regular quality assurance reviews; is the primary liaison with DHS regarding client assignments, transfers, and exits; performs related work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Clinical Director include, but are not limited to the following activities:
· Provides guidance and direction to the Team Leaders to ensure assessments, including psycho-social evaluations are being performed, Independent Living Plans are prepared and being followed, referrals to appropriate programs are made, and integration of services is occurring.
· Provides guidance and direction to Housing Specialists ensuring that HRA2010E packages are being generated and being given to DHS as well as other housing providers.
· Conducts chart reviews to ensure all required documents have been given to and acknowledged by the clients, and in coordinating the delivery of services to the clients.
· Assists in the training, development, and supervision of all staff assigned to the social services team.
· Shares 24-hour administrative oversight of program in conjunction with Shelter Director, and Asst. Shelter Director.
· Provides leadership during crises/trains staff in protocols to be followed in clinical emergencies.
· Ensures that accurate and up to date clinical documents are being maintained and that required data is being inputted in a timely fashion into the CARES system by the Case Managers.
· Attends and participates in weekly Case Conference meetings on the status of each client.
· Coordinates the Money Management Program exercising fiduciary responsibilities for the clients to ensure savings goals are being achieved and funds are being spent responsibly by the clients.
· Coordinates completion of statistical and qualitative data reports.
· Collaborates with the Shelter Director and other senior staff to develop and implement protocols in response to DHS and PRI policies, disseminates these to staff, and updates them as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Shelter Director.
· Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
· A minimum of five years of experience working with homeless mentally ill adults or other special needs population.
· Must have proven supervisory skills including at least three years of clinical/administrative supervisory experience, preferably in a shelter setting
· Knowledge of case management software programs as well as a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com