Title: Case Manager Jr.
Program: ACE/Next Step Program
Next Step ACE is an Assisted Competitive Employment program for individuals with serious mental illness who seek meaningful jobs in the competitive employment market. The ACE program provides end-to-end employment-related services, including one-on-one vocational counseling, job preparation, job placement, and work-related retention/support. The Junior Case Manager will provide administrative support to the unit, and provide some direct service work through outreach, intake, job readiness, and job retention activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of Case Manager Jr. include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Inputs client information and activities into all required database systems ensuring each entry is timely and accurate
· Conducts general office support work including scanning documents and filing
· Assists with planning special events such as onsite employer recruitment and alumni groups
· Provides coverage for front desk support including answering phones, monitoring waiting room, documenting client attendance, and providing general program information and supports
· Assists with scheduling and outreaching clients as needed
· Facilitates outreach presentations, orientation, and intake appointments as needed
· Provides additional support and motivation to clients through one-on-one or group activities such as job search workshops, escorting clients to job interviews, providing self-help tools, and connecting clients to community supports
· Prepares reports and compiles documentation for program milestones
· Delivers job retention support to employed clients
· High School Diploma or Equivalency required.
· Office and administrative experience required.
· Experience working with individuals with serious mental illness strongly preferred.
· Candidates with NYS Peer Academy Certification are strongly encouraged to apply.
· Strong computer skills are essential.