Position: Member Engagement Specialist
Program: Bridge Home
Bridge Home is an innovative care management program that will provide short-term support for individuals after a behavioral health hospital stay. The multidisciplinary team will provide targeted, short-term interventions to assist individuals with connecting to community services within 7 to 30 days after an inpatient hospitalization in the Bronx.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Member Engagement Specialist (MES) is responsible for coordinating the community needs of members at the Wakefield Hospital Center with the goal of ensuring a successful and sustained transition to community living and treatment. The MES provides psycho-education, care coordination and support to ensure that members’ behavioral health and medical needs are met within the first month post-discharge from an inpatient setting.
As part of their role, the MES will work with members to identify the appropriate community services and assist with scheduling appointments. Through an emphatic engagement approach the MES will support continuation of outpatient services and support better community tenure rates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Member Engagement Specialist include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Process program referrals
· Develop collaborative relationships with hospital social workers and support their discharge planning efforts
· Engage members and develop relationships with community based providers to bridge their transition back in to the community
· Assist with scheduling, reminding, following up, and rescheduling outpatient appointments to ensure that 80% are met within 7 days of discharge for Bridge Home members
· Supports member engagement and enroll members interested in bridging services
· Document a member’s outreach, enrollment, and status into our EMR
· Facilitate warm-transfers of enrolled member to community based services and escort member when needed to ensure they make their appointment
· Perform other related duties, as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in social work, nursing, public health, or a related field
· Experience in behavioral health and outreach
· Understanding of substance abuse/mental illness and current treatment options in the community
· This position will be based mostly in the Bronx and Manhattan, but may require some travel throughout the other boroughs of New York City.
· Knowledge of the Bronx and New York City human service system is preferred.
· Bilingual or multilingual a plus.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org