Position: Registered Nurse
Program: Scan Van Mobile Mammography Program
The Project Renewal Scan Van is a mobile mammography program serving the New York Metropolitan area. The Scan Van provides clinical breast exams and mammography to between 4,000 – 5,000 uninsured and poorly insured women annually. The Scan Van program offers digital screening mammography, clinical breast exams and breast self-examination instruction to women 40 and older who have not had a mammogram in the past year. Images are interpreted by a board- certified radiologist
The Registered Nurse will provide clinical breast exams evaluations, breast health instruction, distribute colorectal screening kits to eligible patients, and arrange pap exam appointments for eligible patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Registered Nurse include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Provides all patients that receive a mammogram with a clinical breast exam (CBE) evaluation.
· Documents CBE utilizing the Clinical Breast Exam Form.
· Provides Breast Self-Exam (BSE) instruction.
· Distributes colorectal cancer screening kits to eligible patients and instructs them on how to use the kit.
· Arranges pap appointments for eligible patients at New Providence Clinic or at an outside partner clinic, health center, or hospital.
· Assist with patient navigation.
· Bachelor’s Degree in nursing
· Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State Required
· Must have interpersonal skills to interact effectively and engage our clients, as well as dealing with departmental staff and medical staff while working within ‘close quarters’.
· Present a positive attitude and a professional appearance.
· Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel knowledge.
· Bilingual or multilingual a plus.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to email@example.com