Title: Building Superintendent
Program: Geffner House
Geffner House is a 307 unit supportive Single Room Occupancy (SRO) building that provides permanent housing for low income men and women, including people with serious and persistent mental illness; individuals who are recovering from drug or alcohol addiction; and people who are living with HIV/AIDS. Tenants are offered a comprehensive array of services.
Under the direction of the Building Manager, the Superintendent serves as the principal back-up to the Building Manager by directing staff as well as performing all the work needed to maintain a clean, and code compliant building; performs related work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Building Superintendent include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Assists the Building Manger in assigning work and in supervising the work performed by the maintenance and custodian staff.
· As necessary, provides training for staff.
· Performs repairs of a difficult nature in tenants’ apartments as well as in common areas.
· On occasion, performs janitorial work including use of equipment for power washing, buffing, mopping and waxing floors.
· Collaborates with the Director of Geffner House, Operations Coordinator and the Building Manager and other staff to effectively plan for and respond to building inspections from city, state and oversight agencies.
· Performs any assignments needed to assist other maintenance and custodian staff in the completion of their work.
· In the absence of the Building Manager assumes all of his/her duties and responsibilities.
· Available for on-call response to emergencies on a 24x7x365 basis, especially after normal work hours and on weekends.
A High School Diploma or GED and one year experience performing building management and/or repair activities for a residential building.
Basic understanding of electrical and plumbing systems, boilers, and fire safety equipment.
Ability to interact with all levels of staff and tenants; good communication skills.
Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite
Certificates and credentials:
P98 - Generator
P99 - Boiler Certificate
F1 - Fire Guard
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to email@example.com