Reporting to the Assistant Director of Health Operations and Planning, the Fleet Coordinator / Driver is responsible for activities related to driving, servicing, and overall operation / maintenance in the day-to-day operation of Project Renewal's primary care mobile health units.
1. Drive Medvan to contracted sites, ensuring safe and prompt transportation of staff to and from clinic sites as scheduled
2. Assist with vehicle-related functions and activities to ensure compliance with established laws, codes, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
3. Support the monitoring and evaluation for vehicle maintenance, including, but not limited to: servicing and repair jobs, cleaning, septic tank drainage, water system and other related needs.
4. Coordinate off-site maintenance, repair and recovery functions for roadside vehicle malfunction; assist in the review of the work conducted by mechanics and other maintenance vendors for quality assurance and compliance.
5. Support the preparation and maintenance of a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records and files related to vehicles, maintenance, repairs, projects, mileage, financial activity and assigned duties with relevant and requested information.
6. Transporting Medvan to service centers, including safe and prompt transportation of staff to and from clinic sites as scheduled
7. Support the Lead Fleet Coordinator in the submission of technical information and assistance to the Assistant Director of Healthcare Operations regarding automotive needs and issues; contribute to the formation, development of and updates to policies, procedures and programs.
8. Advise equipment, material and supply purchases and other related inventory functions as appropriate.
9. During service support to contracted sites, and as needed:
a. Greet and register patients; assist in entering and updating demographic and other related information for patients in the EMR.
b. Assist in scheduling of follow-up appointments with patients
c. Support communications with lab company for retrieval of lab results (electronic, faxed results)
· High School diploma or equivalent (Required)
· Ability to drive a large vehicle (37' or more)
· Valid New York State CDL
· Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
· AED/CPR Certification
· The ability to keep a compact medical facility organized and in constant operational order
· Familiarity working with mentally-ill clients
· Willingness to work evening and weekends
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to:email@example.com