Title: Medical Aide
Location: Third Street
The Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Services (MSOWS) of Project Renewal is a 30-bed medically supervised detoxification facility. Clients spend between 7-21 days in the program where they receive part time medical supervision from an RN an LPN and MD, as well as ongoing counseling and referral services. Medical Aides will be supervised by the Medical Aide Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Medical Aide include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Process new intakes
· File documents and organize client charts
· Help maintain quiet and safety for clients and staff
· Perform rounds and log book entries
· Provide structure and assist organize client activities
· Assist nursing and counselors with care of clients
· Clean and sterilize discharged beds
· Do laundry and serve meals
· Assist with general upkeep of facility
· Escort clients to air breaks, hospitals and/or clinics as needed.
· Any other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma/GED required.
· Proficiency in Word, Excel and general knowledge of computer databases preferred.
· Experience working with homeless or substance abuse clients a plus.
· Must be able to read and write legibly, as well as file alphabetically.
· Spanish speaking preferred.
· Must be able to function as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: