Title: Driver/Housing Assistant
Program: Ana’s Place
Ana’s Place is a 108 bed 24/7 emergency shelter for homeless men diagnosed with mental illness and/or substance abuse. Our comprehensive services include case management, individual and group counseling, recreational activities and housing placement assistance. Additionally, psychiatric services are provided Monday through Friday, staffed by a psychiatric provider(s), registered nurse, and a licensed practical nurse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Driver/Housing Assistant include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Responsible for transporting clients to housing interviews, recreational activities, and other appointments as needed.
· Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the vehicle.
· Maintains records of mileage, gas usage, repairs and maintenance checks.
· Responsible for local pick-up and delivery of supplies and equipment as needed.
· Shares driving schedules with appropriate staff including administration.
· Provides regular monthly reports to site Director and Director of transportation.
· Escorts and advocates for clients at hosing interviews and other relevant appointments.
· Participates with team and attends meetings as required.
· Communicates with Social Services team to discuss client concerns or clients progress.
· Performs other duties as assigned by Director.
While performing the duties of this position, the candidate is required on a daily basis to drive for extended periods of time, walk the interior of the building to talk to clients and staff in the various program areas, and must be able to walk between two floors of the facility (24 stairs), climbing up and down two staircases, in the event the elevator is out of order. In addition, he/she must be able to sit for extended periods of time working at the computer or making phone calls, as well as bend, reach and or squat to get information from the files.
High School Diploma/GED
· Candidate must have a valid New York State driver’s license free of moving violations.
· Two years continuous sobriety.
· Experience working with mentally ill/MICA adults is preferred.
Team Work: Ability to work cooperatively with peers and other staff in order to serve the needs of the clients as effectively as possible.
Organizational skills: An ability to work independently and to adjust one’s schedule to accommodate the needs of the program.
Communication: Excellent oral, writing , and listening skills.
Computer skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: email@example.com