Position: Director of Social Services
Program: Marsha’s House
Marsha’s House is a shelter for 81 homeless men and women who identify as part of the LGBTQ community. The shelter is located in the Belmont Section of the Bronx.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Director of Social Services include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Responsible for the day to day supervision and coordination of clinical services in the facility via regular collaboration with the Shelter Director, Case Managers, Peer Counselors, the Housing Coordinator, Vocational Counselor and the Nurse.
· Ensuring compliance with established program outcomes as set forth by the Department of Homeless Services and Project Renewal.
· Assignment for all new admissions.
· Provide crisis intervention/on-call crisis support for clinical emergencies.
· Lead a team of Peer Counselors and Case Managers.
· Oversee staff development activities which include weekly team meetings and individual supervision for case managers, and in-service education, as needed for all levels of staff.
· Collaborate with Shelter Director and other senior staff to develop and implement program policies and procedures.
· Master’s degree in Social Work or BA with required experience.
· Spanish speaking a plus.
· Must have good verbal communication skills.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience, 1 of those years in a supervisory position
· Experience working with LGBTQ population is essential
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter, indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com