Title: Team Leader
Location: Bedford Green House
Bedford Green House is a new state-of-the-art supportive/affordable housing complex providing homes and services to more than 300 New Yorkers. Phase I is a building designed to LEED Gold Standards and is scheduled to open in the Bronx in December 2019. Bedford Green House will provide onsite social services including primary care for adults and families and women’s health services, family reunification services, occupational therapy, and more. Funded in part by the NYC Dept. of Health and Hygiene and Human Resources Administration, Bedford Green House supports and encourages a healthy lifestyle with an abundance of resources for the community at large. BGH features sustainable landscaped green roof, rooftop greenhouse, aquaponics growing system, horticultural therapy classes with year-round gardening, planned healthy cooking workshops, community playground, and backyard with recreational and exercise equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Team Leader include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Review referral packages and conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments to determine the consumer’s medical, psychiatric, housing and other social needs in the community.
· Direct supervision and clinical oversight for a small team of case managers.
· Participate in weekly team meetings and provide ongoing supervision for case managers
· Develop or assist with developing short and long -term person centered treatment plans to assist clients with achieving their goals.
· Monitor, evaluate and record client progress with respect to treatment goals.
· Establish collaborative working relationships with inpatient treatment teams and plan with them appropriate discharges for clients.
· Facilitates the provision of any assistance needed to ensure that clients remain housed or transitions to independent living.
· Audit client charts weekly to ensure adherence to regulatory standards of service quality.
· Escort consumers, when indicated, on appointments with community-based treatment providers.
· Carry a small caseload and update service plans and assessments as required by funding source
· Bachelor’s degree with 2 years supervisory experience; Master’s degree preferred;
· Minimum of two years’ experience in human services, consulting, evaluation, homeless services, quality assurance, or related field.
· Experience working with adults with mental health and/or substance use issues, including families, preferably in homeless shelters or supportive housing.
· Bilingual or multilingual a plus
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: to email@example.com