The Villa: Job Posting Entitlements Specialist/Public Benefits Advocate
Villa Avenue will provide housing to 56 formerly homeless men in a congregate setting. 47 units will be dedicated to housing active substance abusers and 9 units will be dedicated to housing individuals with mental illness. The public benefits advocate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that works collaboratively with clients to overcome barriers to recovery and independence. As part of this effort, the advocate works with participants to access benefits that include public assistance, food stamps, public health insurance, and disability benefits.
This role requires:
- Extensive research and the ability to synthesize large bodies of information. Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to independently seek out, understand, and apply complex information, including laws and policy documents;
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing with diverse audiences;
- Excellent time management skills, accountability to deadlines, and the ability to see both short and long term projects through to completion;
- Genuine interest in working with formerly homeless individuals and/or individuals who have experienced addiction, trauma, and physical or mental illness;
- The ability to engage others with warmth, respect, and lack of assumption or judgment;
- Maturity, sound judgment, and the ability to seek and accept supervision
- Participation in weekly team meetings
All applicants must have a BA/BS; Spanish fluency is preferred.
Please email resume to Katie Bower, Director of Substance Abuse Housing: firstname.lastname@example.org