Project Renewal is a leading nonprofit organization known for a creative and entrepreneurial approach to ending homelessness in New York City. Our programs empower homeless and at-risk men, women and children by giving them everything they need to attain health, homes, and jobs. Through innovative, exhaustive, wraparound social services, Project Renewal addresses the needs of 15,000 clients each year. We meet the most vulnerable New Yorker’s where they are and provide them with the tools they need, buttressing their capacity to live independently.
Title: Entitlements Coordinator, Property Management
Under the general direction of the Director, the Entitlements Coordinator is responsible for acting as a resource for both clients and staff to inform them of the various city, state and federal entitlement programs; performing annual lease renewals and re-certifications; performing related duties.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
· Providing tenants with information and direction on acquiring and maintaining entitlements with city, state and federal entitlement programs and assisting with eligibility and processing applications for low income housing.
· Assisting tenants with entitlements, including applying for and maintaining rent subsidies and other entitlements with city, state and federal programs, and with certifications and re-certifications.
· Providing up to date information about city, state and federal entitlement programs to the Director, building management, clinical and counseling staff, and property management staff.
· Completing the annual renewal of leases, including rent calculations and preparation of renewal lease documents.
· Investigating and resolving tenant issues and disputes, including requests for rent adjustments.
· Tracking, processing, and analyzing rent and subsidy payments.
· Submitting, tracking and processing contract rent adjustment requests for subsidy programs.
· Insuring accuracy and timeliness of subsidy payments from city, state and federal agencies, including the Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) and the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA).
· Acting as Liaison to agency’s Fiscal Office as well as to local representatives of city, state and federal entitlements programs, including HPD, NYCHA. Social Security, Medicaid and HUD.
· Tracking and processing data, generating monthly rent statements, and preparing and submitting reports.
· Serving as primary property management contact for tenant and staff at one or more facilities.
· High School Diploma or GED and two years of relevant experience such as working with special needs populations.
· A Bachelor’s with six months experience or Associates degree with two years’ experience preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel;
· Knowledge of case management and property management databases, including FOOTHOLD/AWARDS and MDS;
· Experience working on entitlements and in housing management; familiarity with LIHTC requirements.
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.