Program: Clinton Residence, Transitional Supportive Housing Residence
Under the direction of the Building Superintendent, the Custodian is responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the residential building.
Clinton Residence is a transitional treatment facility licensed and regulated by the NYS Office of Mental Health. The facility provides transitional housing for 57 formerly homeless, single adults with chronic mental illness, some of whom are dually diagnosed with a substance abuse disorder.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Custodian include, but are not limited to the following activities:
· Reports to Building Superintendent for all assignments
· Responsible for cleaning and disinfecting all commons areas and offices, including bathrooms, stairwells and hallways, to ensure that the building is kept clean
· Assist in preparing apartments for new residents and with move in/ out process
· Assist Building Super as directed in minor repairs and correcting potential safety hazards as needed
· Empty trash and garbage containers and prepare refuse for pick-up
· Keep building exterior in safe and presentable condition, including ice/ snow removal; sidewalk maintenance and central garden/ courtyard area
· Under supervision of Building Super, develop building-wide knowledge of all mechanical system operation and maintenance
· Assist in documentation of fire drills smoke detector/ CO2 detector maintenance
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Director or Clinical Director
Job duties generally require the physical activities described below, subject to any necessary reasonable accommodation due to disability. Job duties generally require While performing the duties of this position, the custodian is regularly required to perform physical tasks including mopping, sweeping, painting, minor building repairs and other duties as assigned. The Custodian must stand for extended periods of time and regularly move supplies and materials, and must be able to lift items weighing up to forty (40) pounds.
A High School diploma or GED is preferred.
Custodian Position Description Continued
One year of experience working in a residential program serving individuals with mental illness and chemical addictions preferred.
Teamwork: An ability to communicate, coordinate with other staff and provide reports of relevant incidents.
Interpersonal: An ability to interact well with all levels of staff, residents, and guests visiting the building.
Communication: Good verbal and listening skills.
Schedule: Thursday-Monday, 7am-3pm
Salary: $20,020 annually.
To apply, submit your resume with a cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE.