Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Assistant Director
Program: Next Step Ace Program
ACE is part of Project Renewal’s Next Step employment program, which includes job placement and training services, adult basic education, computer classes and job retention counseling. The ACE program, while operating independently from these services, is closely integrated with these programs. The Assistant Director works closely with the Next Step management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Next Step, the Assistant Director’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the ACE program, including the satellite office
- Tracking performance to ensure program goals are met and addressing areas of concern
- Providing clinical and administrative supervision to the ACE team
- Preparing billing and performance reports for contractors
- Implementing processes and strategies to ensure high quality service and outcomes
- Conducting outreach for client referrals to community-based organizations, hospitals, residences, and other social service providers.
- Working directly with funding sources to meet all objectives
- Utilizing Salesforce to collect data, monitor outcomes, and generate reports.
- Implementing the vocational HCBS model including development of processes, managing on-going contacts with Health Homes, and coordination with billing department.
- Representing Project Renewal by proving presentation to community-based organization, referral partners, funders, and other entities that Next Step collaborates with.
- Utilizing required database systems for various government contracts.
· Master’s Degree required.
· Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), LMSW, LCSW, or LMHC highly preferred.
· Minimum of three years relevant work experience preferably as an employment specialist; including minimum 18 months of disability/employment case management experience.
· Minimum of 2 years of management experience required.
· Knowledge of disability accommodations required. Knowledge of disability benefits preferred.
· Bilingual Spanish preferred.
· Strong computer skills in MS Office are required.
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.