Project Renewal is a leading nonprofit organization known for a creative and entrepreneurial approach to ending homelessness in New York City. Our programs empower homeless and at-risk men, women and children by giving them everything they need to attain health, homes, and jobs. Through innovative, exhaustive, wraparound social services, Project Renewal addresses the needs of 15,000 clients each year. We meet the most vulnerable New Yorkers where they are and provide them with the tools they need, buttressing their capacity to live independently.
The Recruitment Agent is responsible for presenting Project Renewal’s award-winning Culinary Arts Training Program to a variety of potential students, social service agencies, and veteran’s organizations. S/he will work with Project Renewal staff in developing a recruitment presentation and strategy as well as maintain recruitment materials i.e. brochures, pamphlets, flyers, etc. Experience serving populations with histories of substance abuse, mental health diagnoses and/or homelessness preferred.
· Present the Culinary Arts Training Program to potential students and referring agents
· Prepare for and represent the program at career fairs and networking events
· Network with various supportive services agencies to secure referrals and funding
· Develop new partners and recruitment sites
· Maintain database of student body and use Microsoft Excel to manage referrals and potential students
· Establish the student bodies of three of the Culinary Arts Training Program locations
· Develop recruitment presentations
· Manage organization of statistics of program via reporting and database usage
· Bachelor’s Degree, required
· Some sales/marketing experience
· Strong presentation and public-speaking skills, required
· Intermediate computer skills, required
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Our long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other protective basis to the extent required by applicable federal, state and local laws.