Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Case Manager
Program: East Williamsburg Men’s Shelter
East Williamsburg is an emergency men’s shelter which helps 98-140 individuals ages 55+ with substance abuse histories work towards health, sobriety, and, ultimately, permanent housing and employment. In addition to lodging and three meals a day, clients receive comprehensive case management services, plus an array of substance abuse related and health care services provided by different programs such as Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Services, (MSOWS), Chemical Dependency Crisis Service (CDCS), and Outpatient Recovery Center available to them throughout the agency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Case Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Conducts intake and assessments, including psycho-social evaluations for assigned case load.
· Provides case management services and assists in the creation of and adherence to their Individual Living Plans, identifying short and long term objectives to be achieved.
· Counsels clients through individualized and group sessions on issues such as achieving personal goals, finding permanent or alternative housing, maintaining sobriety, complying with medication protocols and pursuing employment opportunities.
· Maintains liaison with representatives from community organizations and service and housing providers.
· Organizes and educates clients through group activities and other events.
· Maintains accurate and up to date written client documentation as required by and in accordance with city and state oversight agency guidelines.
· Provides escorts as needed to take clients to meetings and appointments.
Education and Skills
· Bachelor’s Degree, and experience as described in item 1 below.
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with homeless adults and/or substance abuse populations.
· Minimum of three (3) years of related experience working with mentally ill or homeless individuals having either a diagnosis of mental illness or addiction to a substance.
· Knowledge of case management software as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
· Bilingual or multilingual a plus.
To apply: Submit resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org