Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Case Manager Transitional Living Community
Program: New Providence Women’s Shelter
New Providence Women’s Shelter is a 130 bed 24/7 emergency shelter for homeless women diagnosed with mental illness and/or substance abuse. Our comprehensive services include case management, individual and group counseling, recreational activities and housing placement assistance. Additionally, an on-site medical and psychiatric clinic operates Monday through Friday, staffed by a nurse, primary care physician and two psychiatric nurse practitioners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Case Manager for Transitional Living Community TLC include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Conducts intake and assessments, including psycho-social evaluations of clients
· Provides case management and counseling services and assists clients in the creation and adherence to their Individual Living Plans, identifying short and long-term objectives to be achieved.
· Inputs all client information and updates in a timely fashion into the CARES system.
· Works collaboratively with the clients and other staffs to identify and obtain financial entitlements, housing and other concrete services.
· Maintains accurate and up to date written client documentation as required and in accord with city and state oversight agency guidelines.
· Provides escort services to clients as needed.
Education and Skills Requirements
· All candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A Master’s degree in Social Work or other human services field is strongly preferred.
· A minimum of three years of experience working with homeless Mentally Ill and Chemical Affected also known as (MICA) individuals or other special needs populations.
· Knowledge of case management software’s, as well as a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite,
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.