Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Senior Counselor
Program: Recovery Center
The Senior Counselor, in conjunction with the Program Director, is responsible for ensuring that clinical services meet regulatory requirements and standards of care and are relevant to client population. The Senior Counselor functions as Program Director when Program Director is unavailable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Senior Counselor include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Provides clinical services to individuals registered at the Recovery Center
· Provides outreach and intake services when necessary
· Participates in the development of Clinical Policies and Procedures and monitors program activities to ensure services are responsive to client needs and are compliant with relevant regulatory policies
· Participates in Quality Assurance activities, including chart review, utilization review and performance outcomes
· Performs all other duties as required by the Program Director
· BLS Certification
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· New York State License in a non-medical clinical discipline: psychology, social work, CASAC, , Mental Health Counseling.
· Weekend and evening work hours might be required
Reports to: Program Director, Project Renewal Recovery Center Program Director
To apply: Submit a resume and cover letter, indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.