Title: Vocational Counselor/ Housing Coordinator
Program: Renewal House
Renewal House is a 50-bed transitional living program for homeless men with a history of chronic substance use. Renewal House residents must be eligible to work and are expected to remain abstinent from drugs and alcohol. All applicants must be approved by HRA for Category F Housing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Vocational Case Manager include but are not limited to the following activities
· Assisting with the assessment of client vocational skills, strengths, and barriers to employment.
· Helping clients with full range of job preparation activities including preparing resumes, drafting cover letters, applying for jobs online, and practicing effective interview skills
· Ensuring clients have working phone number with appropriate voice mail message and professional email address.
· Referring clients as needed to obtain business attire, haircuts, and other services related to personal hygiene and professional appearance.
· Utilizing vacancy rosters provided by the Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS) and other housing providers, identifies vacancies throughout the five boroughs and selects possible housing options to which clients can apply for placement.
· Prepares clients for housing interviews, conducting mock interviews sessions, accompanies them on tours of facilities, and in general coordinates and facilitates the referral process.
· Escort clients to housing interviews.
· Facilitating group on weekly basis
· Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and communicate effectively with other team members to determine housing needs and solutions for clients
· Entering accurate and timely client information, progress, and documentation into case records.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· Bachelor’s degree with at least 1 year of experience in case management, vocational counseling or workforce development serving special populations including adults with histories of homelessness, substance use, and/or serious mental illness preferred.
· An ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and to interface with clients as well as all levels of staff
· An ability to work independently
· Knowledge of case management software as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: to email@example.com