Title: Part-Time Pastry Chef
Program: City Beet Kitchens – Events Division
Under the general direction of the Executive Chef and Director of Events, the Pastry Chef is responsible for baking and pastry production. This is a great opportunity to work with a successful social enterprise and an opportunity for advancement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Pastry Chef include, but are not limited to the following activities:
· Managing production of pastries / dessert / cookies / treats and baked goods for our busy and diverse events and catering division
· Ability to execute our existing recipes and contribute to our selections
· Ability to use a burning oven, commercial stand mixer and other pastry baking equipment
· Being flexible and responsive, possibly working nights / weekends / special events
· Assist with ordering / requisitioning baking supplies, testing recipes, calculating food costs.
· Working with Director of Events and Executive Chef to continue moving our culinary experience forward
· Maintaining clean and sanitary food production area in a high traffic culinary environment, according to DOH guidelines
· Creativity is welcome
· A minimum of 5 years cooking experience
· Previous Pastry Chef experience
· Positive leadership ability, desire to work with others and inspire team
· Excellent organization & communication skills
· A great attitude and a love for the culinary arts
We value chefs that are passionate about cooking and want to contribute to the company’s success while building a career. To apply, submit your resume with a cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com.