Title: Trainer & Retention Specialist
Location: Next Steps
The Next Step Trainer and Retention Specialist will be responsible for facilitating workshops designed to enhance the soft skills necessary for clients to succeed in the workplace. They will also be responsible for maintaining a caseload of employed clients, assisting and supporting them in their current jobs and as they advance in the workplace; gathering current wage, job advancement, and job retention information on clients, and reporting results to the Assistant Director of Next Step.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Next Step, duties include, but are not limited to:
· Facilitate a range of job readiness workshops to prepare clients for the world of work
· Document attendance and client progress in Salesforce and other systems required by funding sources
· Develop and implement new workshops as necessitated by new contracts, employer and client needs
· Provide one-on-one job readiness support such as mock interviews and resume development
· Assist clients with computer skills and on-line job search
Job Retention Specialist:
· Manage a caseload of employed clients and provide ongoing job retention services that meet program goals
· Obtain job placement and retention (30, 90, 180, 365 days) milestone documentation including pay stubs and employment verification forms
· Coordinate activities designed to help graduates retain jobs and develop new skills to advance in their careers
· Maintain employment data such as wage increases, promotions, resignations, and terminations; and generating reports and statistics
· Communicate with clients’ case management staff to keep them apprised of clients’ workplace progress and to ascertain any developments which may affect clients’ workplace performance
· B.A. degree strongly preferred.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills required.
· Prior workshop facilitation experience is required; workforce development facilitation experience is preferred.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is essential.
· Preferred: Good working knowledge of Salesforce database.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com