Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Manages medication system for all clients at shelter, including receiving and reviewing prescriptions and medications, safe storage of medications, ensuring that clients have supply and access to medications, monitoring for side effects and education of clients in regard to their medications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Reports to the Director of Nursing Operations in collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer.
· Coordinates activities of evening LPN as needed, respective to site.
· Provides nursing screening of all new clients at Shelter.
· Assesses each client’s knowledge of medications and ability to self-administer medications.
· Administers morning and afternoon medications.
· Administers decanoate injections according to orders of psychiatric provider.
· Participates in weekly clinical meetings.
· Assists in triaging psychiatric, medical and substance abuse problems to appropriate providers.
· Communicates regularly with on-site psychiatric and medical providers, and case managers.
· Communicates with off-site psychiatric providers as necessary and appropriate.
· Provides ongoing health education and support to clients and
· Provides medication teaching as needed.
· Maintains documentation in compliance with agency policies and procedures.
· Assist with tele-psychiatry operations as scheduled with tele-psychiatry provider at Project Renewal.
New York State licensed LPN
Working with homeless individuals preferred.
Communication: Must have excellent oral and listening skills.
Interpersonal skills: Must have the ability to interface with clients as well as all levels of staff.
Computer skills: Must have knowledge Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com