Title: Assistant Director of Nursing Operations, Primary Care – Healthcare Department
Reporting to the Director of Nursing Operations (DNO) and indirectly reporting to the Medical Director, Primary Care (MDPC), and Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the Assistant Director of Nursing Operations for Primary Care will ensure the nurses and medical assistants provide all aspects of nursing patient care for Primary Care services in the Project Renewal’s primary care clinics and mobile medical vans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure all Primary Care nurses fulfill requirements of competency checklist at appropriate intervals.
· Performs monthly site visits to all primary care FQHC and Article 28 clinics to meet with on-site nurses and ensure the primary care clinics are in compliance with required regulatory and Healthcare Department’s policies and procedures
· In conjunction with DNO, maintains documentation in compliance with agency policies and procedures and knowledgeable of policies and procedures affecting the organization and assists in interpreting or implementing them as necessary.
· Works closely with the DNO, MDPC, CMO and the Director of Healthcare Planning and Operations to develop and improve systems for healthcare within Project Renewal.
· Manages the Infection Control Committee and Environmental Committee
· Conduct monthly clinic environment checks to assess compliance and inventory of equipment and medications
· Ensures maintenance of standards of tracking across Primary Care nursing sites (i.e. log books, consistency with regulatory requirements) and creates tracking systems where and when needed
· Ensures facility maintenance and cleanliness in compliance with OSHA standards.
· In conjunction with DNO, provides medication teaching as needed to RNs, LPNs and facility Staff.
· In conjunction with DNO, provides ongoing health education and support to Nursing staff.
· In conjunction with DNO, supports the management of nursing staff schedules, ensuring that all nurses meet their work scheduled hours; plans for nursing vacancies, vacations, FMLA, sick time and any other Nursing coverage needed.
· In conjunction with DNO, supports the hiring and onboarding process to fill vacant nursing positions for the primary care clinics and medical vans
· Supports and ensures cross-training of Nurses across the psychiatry and primary care services within the Healthcare Department
· Keeps Healthcare Department leadership informed of all issues and developments and provides a thorough, comprehensive and concise report of the activities, as needed
· New York State licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
· Phlebotomy Certification (CPT)
· Working with homeless individuals preferred.
Communication: Must have excellent oral and listening skills.
Interpersonal skills: Must have the ability to interface with clients as well as all levels of staff.
Computer skills: Must have knowledge Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com