Title: Assistant Director of Nursing, Substance Use – Healthcare Department
Reports to the Director of Nursing (DN) and works closely with other Assistant Director of Nurses, Medical Directors and Chief Medical Officer. The Assistant Director of Nursing for Substance Use will ensure the nurses and medical assistants provide all aspects of nursing patient care for substance use services in Project Renewal’s OASAS-licensed clinics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure all substance use program nurses fulfill requirements of competency checklist at appropriate intervals.
· Performs monthly site visits to all OASAS-licensed clinics to meet with on-site nurses and ensure the substance use clinics are in compliance with required regulatory and Healthcare Department’s policies and procedures
· In conjunction with DN, maintains documentation in compliance with agency policies and procedures and knowledgeable of policies and procedures affecting the organization and assists in interpreting or implementing them as necessary.
· Works closely with other Assistant Director of Nursing, DN, Medical Directors, CMO and the Director of Healthcare Planning and Operations to develop and improve systems for healthcare within Project Renewal.
· Conduct monthly clinic environment checks to assess compliance and inventory of equipment and medications
· Ensures maintenance of standards of tracking across Substance use nursing sites (i.e. log books, consistency with regulatory requirements) and creates tracking systems where and when needed
· Ensures facility maintenance and cleanliness in compliance with OSHA and OASAS standards.
· In conjunction with DN, provides medication teaching as needed to RNs, LPNs and facility Staff.
· In conjunction with DN, provides ongoing health education and support to Nursing staff.
· In conjunction with DN, supports the management of nursing staff schedules, ensuring that all nurses meet their work scheduled hours; plans for nursing vacancies, vacations, FMLA, sick time and any other Nursing coverage needed.
· In conjunction with DN, supports the hiring and onboarding process to fill vacant nursing positions for the substance use clinics.
· Supports and ensures cross-training of nurses across the primary care, psychiatry and substance use services within the Healthcare Department, provides coverage if needed.
· Keeps Healthcare Department leadership informed of all issues and developments and provides a thorough, comprehensive and concise report of the activities, as needed.
New York State licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
Phlebotomy Certification (CPT)
Working with homeless individuals preferred.
Communication: Must have excellent oral and listening skills.
Interpersonal skills: Must have the ability to interface with clients as well as all levels of staff.
Computer skills: Must have knowledge Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org