Title: Assistant Director of Nursing Operations, Psychiatry – Healthcare Department
This position oversees the management of medication systems (Medication Administration Records and all relevant Medication Documentation) for all Psychiatry Nurses; supervises all psychiatry nurses; and cross-covers for primary care nurses when needed. This position reports to the Director of Nursing Operations (DNO) and Program Directors for administrative support and indirectly reports to the Medical Director, Psychiatry (MDP), and Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the Assistant Director of Nursing Operations for Psychiatry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the DNO to ensure that psychiatry nurses manage medication systems for all clients at shelter, including receiving and reviewing prescriptions and medications, safe storage of medications, ensuring that clients have supply and access to medications, monitoring for side effects and education of clients in regard to their medications.
· Visit sites monthly to meet with nursing staff and program leadership to assess procedures and systems and addresses issues as needed
· In conjunction with DNO, support psychiatry nurses to assess client’s knowledge of medications and ability to self-administer medications and Provide nursing screening of all new clients at Shelter.
· In conjunction with DNO, maintains documentation in compliance with agency policies and procedures and knowledgeable of policies and procedures affecting the organization and assists in interpreting or implementing them as necessary.
· Works closely with the DNO, MDP, CMO and the Director of Healthcare Planning and Operations to develop and improve systems for healthcare within Project Renewal.
· In conjunction with DNO, teaches RNs, LPNs and facility staff about medications, as needed
· In conjunction with DNO, provides ongoing health education and support to Nursing staff.
· In conjunction with DNO, supports the management of nursing staff schedules, ensuring that all nurses meet their work scheduled hours; plans for nursing vacancies, vacations, FMLA, sick time and any other Nursing coverage needed.
· In conjunction with DNO, supports the hiring and onboarding process to fill vacant nursing positions for the primary care clinics and medical vans
· Supports and ensures cross-training of Nurses across the psychiatry and primary care services within the Healthcare Department
· Keeps Healthcare Department leadership informed of all issues and developments and provides a thorough, comprehensive and concise report of the activities, as needed
· Conducts monthly medication adherence reports for PEQA (program evaluation and quality assurance) team
· Conducts monthly quality assurance review for medication errors/environment checks.
· Maintains records of Medication Administration Record (MAR) errors
· Reports medication incidents using internal reporting systems
· New York State licensed Registered Nurse (RN)
· Phlebotomy Certification (CPT)
· Working with homeless individuals preferred.
Communication: Must have excellent oral and listening skills.
Interpersonal skills: Must have the ability to interface with clients as well as all levels of staff.
Computer skills: Must have knowledge Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org