Positions: Medical Office Coordinator
Location: 3rd Street Men’s Shelter and Fort Washington Men’s Shelter
Reporting to the Assistant Administrator of Clinic Operations in the Healthcare Department, the Medical Office Coordinator is responsible for working in collaboration with medical providers and staff to provide administrative support in the primary care clinics.
· Welcomes and greets all patients and visitors, in person or over the phone.
· Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette.
· Responds to inquiries by patients, prospective patients, and visitors in a courteous manner.
· Facilitates patient flow by notifying the provider of patients' arrival, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff.
· Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics by collecting detailed patient information, including personal and financial information.
· Serves as the clinic’s liaison and coordinates with case managers, shelter staff as needed for medical-follow up with shelter-based clients
· Conducts patient insurance eligibility verification using ePACES and other related systems
· Responsible for keeping the reception area clean and organized, ensuring materials and signage are kept visible and up to date.
· Keeps medical office supplies adequately stocked by anticipating inventory needs, placing orders, and monitoring office equipment
· Protects patient confidentiality, making sure protected health information is secured
· High school diploma or graduation equivalency degree (GED)
· Minimum one (1) year work experience in a medical office setting
· Basic competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
· Substantial telephone etiquette, verbal and written communication skills
· Strong time management, multi-tasking, organization, scheduling skills
· Strong customer service / relationship management skills
· Associates Degree
· Knowledge of clinical procedures usually obtained from a certificate or Associates degree
· Knowledge of office procedures usually obtained from a certificate or Associates degree
· Experience with the eClinical Works (eCW) electronic health record system a plus
· Bilingual; fluency in Spanish preferred
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org