Title: Senior Grants Manager
Reporting to the Development Director, the Senior Grants Manager is responsible for writing and submitting multidisciplinary and multi-collaborative grant proposals, ranging in size, scope and complexity, to a wide array of funding agencies and organizations. These include both public and private external entities, such as foundations, corporations, government, and other institutions. The Senior Grants Manager will be responsible for all pre and post award responsibilities, a prospecting strategy and grants tracking and management.
This position will have goals to produce a specific number of quality proposals in alignment with the organization’s annual development plan. The Senior Grants Manager will collaborate with the Development Team and will work closely with the Executive Team and Program Directors to develop strongly positioned proposals that can be marketed effectively and align with Project Renewal’s priority investment areas. All work is to be completed with standard supervision, confidentiality, integrity, and good judgment in accordance with organization standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Senior Grants Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Write high-quality, concise and compelling proposals and project manage all aspects of preparation, submission and reporting
· Research, prepare and maintain a prospecting matrix with eligibility, requirements and priority level
· Lead the execution of logic model development, gain approvals on program budgets, prepare applications and stewardship materials
· Create and manage a comprehensive calendar of past, current and upcoming proposals
· Implement a system for reporting reminders and templates to all relevant staff in advance of deadlines
· Coordinate with development team and finance staff on the preparation and review of financial reports, and revisions of approved grant budgets as necessary
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education, training, and 3-5 years of direct experience
· Demonstrated experience in writing persuasive, clear, concise, and visually attractive proposals/reports preferably as a grant writer for a social services nonprofit
· Experience successfully soliciting local, regional and national foundations and a proven track record of securing new foundation grants for a large New York City Social Services organization
· Have strong knowledge of procedures for private grant proposal submissions, funder selection criteria and post-award funder expectations
· Experience with city, state and federal Request for Proposals and grant procedures
· Have prepared samples of pre- and post-award proposal writing, including Letters of Inquiry, abstracts, concept papers, and acknowledgement letters
· Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and funding goals, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities while maintaining a calm, professional work style
· Superior organization and project management skills including the ability to coordinate overlapping projects and deadlines, and an excellent attention to detail
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and as a team player
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs and familiar with databases management preferably Raiser’s Edge
Finalists for this position will be required to provide a portfolio of written work.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: to email@example.com