Position: Development Intern
This internship is specifically designed for those with interest in development and event planning. Your role at Project Renewal will be to support the efforts of the Development Team and work closely with the Chief Development Officer, the Special Events Manager and Development Coordinator. You will learn about multiple facets of non-profit fundraising, from events and major gifts to corporate, foundation, and government fundraising.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Peer Advocate include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Help the development team to cultivate, engage and retain new and existing donors
· Assist Special Events Manager with coordination of multiple events on and off site
· Research potential sponsors and vendors for events
· Assist with the stewardship of current funders
· Help with other related administrative projects including organizational support and data entry
· College student or recent college graduate, with a major in communications, marketing, public relations, business or relevant field. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, reliable, and proactive team player with a demonstrated talent in creative thinking and leadership. Good computer skills a must. Interest in community services, homelessness strongly preferred.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
· Must be available in office at least 2-3 days a week with ability to start the internship in September 2019 and continue at least through December 18th, 2019
· Some experience with video editing/graphic design preferred
· This is a paid internship. However, course credit may be available from your educational institution if preferred.
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: Careers@projectrenewal.org